Full Review of HP Print Service Plugin – Get a sprint print
Hewlett-Packard was one of the first companies that introduced distant printing via a smartphone. And I gotta admit that they used to do a pretty good job: for instance, HP ePrint worked finely until it somehow became morally obsolete and eventually was cancelled. Let’s see what tricks HP Print Service Plugin has up its sleeve.
Find it on: Google Play
Rejoice all of you who hate a devastatingly huge amount of cables and wires at your working place! Well, actually only those of you who have HP printers. This application allows you to do printing wirelessly and you won’t even have to start your PC.
Now, to be able to perform such wizardry you’ll need:
- To get and install the actual apk – yes it’s an Android app. For the iPhone/iPad users, HP designed Apple;
- AirPrint: https://support.hp.com/ph-en/document/c02775166;
- An Android device with KitKat 4.4 or later;
- An HP printer;
- A wireless network, like Ethernet or Wi-Fi Direct as an alternative.
The app is compatible with the following HP Printers:
Other models must also be supported, particularly those, released after 2004. More info: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03722645.
Once the job is done, and the app is comfortably located in your gadget, you must turn it on. You can do it through notification dashboard – simply swipe it down and tap “Enable” function. Make sure though that any other printing application you’ve installed previously is off – otherwise they’ll start a brawl over domination in your device.
As for the Android 7.0 users (delicious “Nougat” update), you’re lucky to be privileged: HP Print Service Plugin gets to work automatically liberating you from all that mumbo-jumbo.
SO many problems with time management are the result of people just letting life happen to them.
Meet Alice, change your life with Time Management Coaching
To print something you should:
- Go to your “Gallery”, “Photos”, Rambler/Yahoo/Gmail, Dropbox/Google drive etc.
- Tap that thing, which you tap every time you want to send a picture via WhatsApp or Viber or any other messenger.
- Select your printer there may be more, perhaps another one that belongs to your neighbour. Tweak the printing settings if necessary. And simply push the “Print” icon.
Voila! You can hear your printer humming quietly.
What is really marvellous about the application is that it somehow “remembers” your printer even if you get yourself a new device, which saves a great deal of time.
As for the supported formats, the plugin has a friend list that includes:
- JPEG, PNG;
- Any Microsoft Office file, from PowerPoint to Excel spreadsheets;
In other words, it works charmingly with every mainstream format – an excellent decision for study, business and art.
Ease of use
During the investigation, no faults have been found. The interface is adorable. The only bug that had to spoil the soup (annoyed grunt) was the sudden message that popped up in the middle of a printing session, informing about a successful update. I’m still puzzled why this activity couldn’t be performed silently in the background. But I guess it’s not a big deal since the latest version has been issued in the summer of 2017.
- The apk get is free;
- Supports a huge number of formats;
- Excellent usability.
- It may change the fonts on some devices;
- The last upgrade was released a long time ago, more than half a year;
- Sometimes it fails to find a printer, even though you printed things successfully before.
HP Print Service Plugin is a splendid tool that makes printing at home or in office effortless and the stunning number of gets – 1 billion – is living proof.