Microsoft PowerPoint: Slideshows and Presentations
Microsoft PowerPoint is the most popular application for making, watching and editing slide presentations. The free version of the app can`t demonstrate all the functions. Only those who buy Office 365 subscription can fully enjoy all the benefits. It's available on iOS, Android and Microsoft. I have chosen the app for the familiar interface, the quality of finished works and productivity.
Microsoft PowerPoint is one of the most user-friendly apps but finding out its features takes time. Here are the most important of them:
- While making a professional or personal presentation, I could take two directions: to create absolutely new slides by adding boxes and content where necessary or to try out a built-in layout. The second way saves time and looks well-organized and neat.
- Even though it's a mobile app, there are tools for handwriting-recognition that are used for editing slide presentations. However, this feature becomes available after buying Office 365 subscription.
Ease of Use
Though most would appreciate using desktop version more than a mobile app, it's still quite convenient for iPad. Using the application on your tablet is more comfortable because of the screen size. On iPads and Android devices, you can open the document from OneDrive or memory of the phone. You can start the slideshow, add new pages, choose the style, typeface, design and insert images or texts. With the touchscreen, you can zoom the picture in or out.
PowerPoint from Microsoft is adapted for small screens of smartphones and for screens up to 12,1 inches. To access the main menu user clicks the 3 lines icon at the top-left corner. There are some usual functions: New, Save, Save as, Open, Print, Share, Close. So the Google Play app for Android devices looks and feels like the desktop version. The navigation and menu sections are the same, but the slide presentations can be done with only one hand in any place. It's even possible to do it on-the-go.
When I use a free version of the app, I can only view the files. If you sign in from a free Microsoft account, you can also edit and use OneDrive storage. When I buy Office 365 Home subscription at a price of $99.99 per year or $9.99 per month, it`s possible to create new presentations or edit WordArt, apply shadows and reflections or add chart elements. Office365 Home is suitable for up to 5 users. For the individual use, you can buy Office 365 Personal, it costs $69.99 per year or 6,99 per month.
- When I need to make a diagram or graphics SmartArt comes for help. By using this feature the presentation turns out visible;
- When I leave the app, my smartphone saves the slide presentation, even if I have forgotten about it;
Microsoft PowerPoint for Android mobile phones and other gadgets allows us to access all saved files from different Android devices.
- Owners of mobile phones like Xiaomi Redmy Note 4X complain about application hanging;
- PowerPoint doesn’t give the possibility to copy the text or picture from the Net;
- You can’t do some tuning actions on the mobile version;
- Office 365 subscription is too expensive.
Most of the functions of the mobile app were borrowed from a desktop version. The developers constantly add new features to PowerPoint. Getting acquainted with all the changes is possible if you update till the latest version. Microsoft PowerPoint app is for those who need to create and edit slide presentations on-the-go regularly.