Microsoft Word: Write, Edit & Share Docs on the Go
Whatever mobile device a user has everyone can get for free or purchase Microsoft Word app. It has the same user-friendly interface for creating and editing documents as a PC version. The application is suitable for devices with pretty small screens and huge 12,9-inches ones like iPads and Android tablets.
Microsoft Word is one of the most popular apps used by thousands of people. The Android app got easier after each updating. The interface is similar to the desktop version. Formatting of the documents will be the same on PC, tablet and smartphone.
Ease Of Use
Users can create letters, scripts, charts, tables, notes, resume, assignments, science reviews, and recipes. For each type of writing project choose an easy-to-read layout or personal layout. The app gives the possibility to open documents from OneDrive, DropBox, SharePoint services anywhere on any gadget. You can also use speech recognition function which translates voice into text. It helps to create a new project quickly and neatly. I always have the possibility to continue editing the document on PC without formatting problems.
Read comfortably on your tablet or mobile phone: design of the app is adjusted to each device. There’s no need to zoom or pinch the screen. Microsoft Word for iPad Pro with 12,9-inch screen looks wonderful. Intuitive touch experience leads to comfortable use. When I open a document, it’s easy to navigate inside the file, nobody gets lost here. The interface and controls in the app are very simplistic.
Get for free and read documents on Android and Apple devices. The only thing you need is to sign in with a free account. Microsoft Word app can be used for free for 30 days. After that users need to buy a full subscription. If a person wants to use it during a year, he can save some money, it costs $69.99 annually. You can also unlock and use full Office application with Office 365 Personal that costs $6,99 per month. Office 365 Home subscription is more expensive, it costs $99.99 annually or $9.99 per month. It can be used by 5 people simultaneously.
- Robust capabilities of Microsoft Word make it the most popular app for Android and iOS. Many problems like the formatting of Office documents were solved in the latest version;
- OneDrive is used for storage. It gives 7GB for free and it’s possible to get 3 GB more for a limited period of time by geting this service and giving permission to make camera uploads;
- The design is rather good, as some questionable points on Android devices were solved.
- Microsoft Word doesn’t give the possibility to open two documents at once even for iPad Pro. What is more, there’s no access to iCloud where users usually save their files. Word app can’t surf the OneDrive account;
- The error correction system is poorer than the desktop version has;
- Problems during the process of registration can occur. After filing everything about a user there`s no signal to continue;
- Some questions usually appear when users save a new document;
- Not many functions are available in a free version. For example, SmartArt elements, bookmarks, tables of contents.
The bottom line’s that this Google Play app is getting better. Microsoft developers have solved many user`s problems. Even though there are some drawbacks, users still find Word app the best way to read, edit and create documents on-the-move. So it’s recommended for all Android device users to get and check the app out.