The Slack app offers cloud-based resources and tools for team collaboration a communication right on their Google Android or iOS devices. Access all your team’s collaborative messaging in one place and synchronize your actions across both PC and mobile devices.
This iOS and Android app offers you the following cool features:
- Communication through chat rooms and offering direct messages and private chats for teams.
- Searchable content inside Slack, from people, files, conversations, and messages. Everything on Slack is indexed making it easy to search items quickly.
- Users can use a wide variety of Emojis to express their feelings in the chat rooms.
- Share and editing of documents.
- Ready state synchronization and integration of tools into Google Drive, Heroku, Salesforce, Crashlytics, Dropbox, Bluemix, Asana, Trello, Zendesk, Zapier and various other platforms.
You can also customize notifications making sure you keep aptly informed.
Slack not only works to connect people, but it also aims to streamline the flow of resources and enhance a collaborative environment. It simplifies communication drastically and also ensures that everyone knows what to look for and where to find it.
Android app compatibility varies with the device while the iOS version requires iOS 10.0 or later and is compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
Ease of Use
Exiting pictures once you open makes the app unstable, and users have complained that it is challenging to open multiple images at the same in sequence. Users have suggested that Slack introduces a gallery view which would make the app less unstable. On the Google Play app some users are not able to access notifications, and sometimes these are delayed by quite a while. Other users have complained about devices not being able to synchronize, and an example given by one user is that they sent a message from the desktop, but this wasn’t showing on their Android mobile.
The latest version of Slack offers a better feature for filtering conversations and also provides improved reliability for uploading large videos. The developers also provided an update for clearing the interface when texts were sent and received.
While the design of the UI is slick and looks good (especially on iPads and tablets), some of the fonts is really small, and you’ll have a problem with squinting on this app. The contrast is also not the best, although it offers a feature-rich environment. The UI is sluggish on small devices and looks optimized for tablets.
Slack app is free to get, and there are no in-app purchases.
- Offers great collaboration tools;
- Available for both iOS and Android;
- You can filter and sort files;
- Intuitive onboarding.
- Too glitchy;
- UI isn’t intuitive;
- Some Slack Android users are not able to get new notifications.
Slack offers helpful tools for productivity, but it is too glitchy and even recent bug fixes haven’t solved much. I like the fact that the Slack API is optimized for various development ecosystems, and it blends easily into other applications such as Dropbox and Zendesk. Though it offers great features Slack isn’t the leading collaboration app in my view.